Sunday, August 24, 2008

What's In A Name?

So several of you are confused about what my name is, as am I. I don't know what my parent's were thinking naming me Antoinette. It's hard to say, hard to spell and is more than a little pretentious. Yuck! How can you say that name out loud and say to yourself, "Hmmm.... I like the sound of that!"? Blah.

I've had several nicknames over the years, but haven't liked any of them. Especially that one that most of you know, but I will not share so my 'new' friends won't start calling me that. You wouldn't think you could get worse than ANTOINETTE, but that one is way worse.

Anyway, Dave calls me Annie and that one seems to have stuck. It's not weird, so I like it and I don't get creepy 'what the crap were your parents thinking' looks when I introduce myself that way.

Moving on, my brother and his wife were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple yesterday. It was awesome! We're so excited for them. Richelle (his wife) is the best thing we ever could have hoped for Rob. She is patient, kind and long-suffering. She's a great example of charity. I am so grateful she has come to our family. My kids love her and so do I. She's the best (and Rob is too ;).


Here's some more before and after pics of the bathroom, but we aren't totally finished yet. I don't like the sink much (it's too small), but by the time I figured that out it was already installed so I got a big fat "too bad" from my husband. I don't blame him. That man has put up with a lot of my projects over the years. He's only said 'no' to me three times in our marriage and this was one of them. I would care more if it were our forever house, but it'll do for now. Anyway, once again, I'm embarrassed to show the before pics.






I haven't figured out the towels yet, but you get the idea.

7 comments:

thecaldwells said...

I am sorry, you will always be %&$* to me!! It habit. The bathroom looks great! And congrats on your brother going to the temple. What a great day
!

Jenn said...

Agreed that is who you are to me, but nice to know you have found a name that you like. Thanks for explaining :) The bathroom looks great do you do it for other?? I will buy lunch? Congratulations to Rob and his wife that is awesome! Cameron is so big, is Chase( I think that is his name, bad I know) on a mission??

DaveandAnnie said...

HAHAHAHAHA... that's not Cameron, it's Chase. My brothers are, um... not the missionary type. Heck ya, I'll help anybody with their projects. I think it's fun! Plus it would be cool to hang out with you!

Tricia said...

Sorry Annie won't stick with me, You get the one I gave you as we were roommates. I like the turnout of the bathroom.

Turpin Times said...

What do you mean that's not your "forever" house?!?!? The thought of you ever moving makes me sick to my stomach. I like your name, Antoinette. I remember the first time I met you I thought, wow, that's a pretty name. I'm not sure if I could get used to Annie. :) That's neat about your brother and way to go on the bathroom!!

The Stewarts said...

I think the sink works I would say that it's the mirror that needs to be changed no the sink. The towls look cute they way they are also. Good work. I wish I had a house to work on but I will have to live through all my friends.

Kaitlin said...

i'll miss the dorm room clock. that was my fav.