Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Happy Halloween

Halloween this year was great! Jake was finally old enough to really enjoy trick-or-treating and dressing up (which he has worn his costume everyday for the past month). We had a lot of fun together getting ready for the holiday. Jake and I made these spider cupcakes for his preschool class. I know, sometimes Jake's mom is cool.


We carved pumpkins...


We went to the ward Halloween party. Dave wore the same costume he's worn for the past 3 years (trashy guy costume). It was funny the first year he wore it, but to be honest it's getting old. I tried so many times to buy him a new costume but he wouldn't let me. I think I'm going to throw out the buck teeth and mullet wig when he's not looking. I know he looks totally hot, but hands off ladies, he's all mine!


I made Gracie's costume for Jake. It took so much time to make I decided all my kids would wear it. Little did I know it would only be two kids, but at least I got to have one of each, right?! Isn't she cute?


Dave and I started our own business so that's been taking a lot of our time, but it's been rewarding already. It's really all Dave. I'm just here for moral support and balancing the books. He's loving it! I always knew he had the entrepreneurial spirit, but I didn't know he'd love it so much. That man is very talented and business savvy. I'm glad he's finally doing what he wants to do. Love him!!!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Love the costumes and the cupcakes. No pictures of you dressed up?? What kind of business did you start, best of luck it makes me nervous but the way to go I think.

Elise said...

Those are great cupcakes! I am impressed. Your kids look so cute! I loved Halloween this year too. Mckenna had so much fun. The only bad thing was that she woke up in the middle of the night with projectile vomit. Happy Halloween for sure...at least it is just once a year. Other than that it really was a blast.

thecaldwells said...

I love Dave's costume. It totally looks like the one Ken wore! So funny. No wonder they get along.

Kaitlin said...

LOVE the cupcakes!

Turpin Times said...

I missed Dave's costume at the party. GROSS is all I can say. :)

The Dickson Pod said...

Gracie looks so much like Jake did in the Eagle costume. Thanks for watching our kids on Friday. It was nice to get out on a date!

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

Hey Cous! We changed our domain name so I am leaving a comment so you can change our link.

summerstimelessmoments@blogspot.com

Linzie said...

I remember that Halloween Jake wore it, Ave was a huge pink flower! Let me know if you ever want to borrow it for Gracie:)