Saturday, October 25, 2008

Amazing Pumpkin Patch


For Family Home Evening this week we took the kids to pick out pumpkins. They loved it! Gracie even liked it. Jake had a hard time picking just one out of the sea of pumpkins. He managed though and was sad to leave.

Jake: "Well, where are we going?" he was whining.

Mom: "To a maze."

Jake: "A maze?! Is it a-mazing?!"

It was so funny! He says stuff like that all the time. He has too good of a vocabulary sometimes and puts together things most three year olds don't think about. Of course, I think he's a genius, but I'm his mom and am supposed to think that.


Anyway, we went to a corn maze and Jake loved it. He thought it was an adventure. They have a huge slide there. He was fearless and started going down all sorts of weird ways. Being the trend setter he is, the other kids started copying him. It was fun!

That's my boy!

Needless to say, the trip to the country cost Jake a bad asthma attack that night so Dave was a stud and took care of him. I would have, but I was up with Gracie who has a double ear infection. That was a long, fun night ;).

Gracie cut her first tooth this week and blabbers all the time. I'm pretty sure she thinks I understand everything she is saying. She is never misunderstood though when she wants something. When she gets mad her face turns all red and she squeezes her hands in fists, grits her non-existent teeth and her whole body shakes. See the pic below. I'm in trouble with that girl.


Dave's brother Hubba (Russell) was put in as bishop of his ward last Sunday. We had the opportunity to go to the sacrament meeting and setting apart. It was awesome! You could feel the spirit that he was who the Lord wanted as the bishop. He'll do a great job. He's always been a great example to us and his wife is awesome and will help him a ton. They're quality. We're proud of you Hussy!

3 comments:

Kaitlin said...

FUN!!! We're doing the same thing for FHE tomorrow night...I'm excited for the slide. :)

thecaldwells said...

Hi Tone... Need your email. I made the mistake of going private before I got everyones email.....

Elise said...

What a fun family night. We didn't make it to a pumpkin patch this year. Your kids are so cute. I can't believe how big they are getting. We need to get together at the end of the month when I watch Sarah's kiddies! Mckenna is half tom boy/half princess, so I'll have her channel the tom boy when she's playing with the boys.