I started my new job bright and early this morning. I am working for Dave's company for about 1/2 hour a day for $22. Couldn't pass that up, so here I am. I haven't worked outside of home for 4 years so I was way nervous. I couldn't sleep, so I got up and got ready. I think I set the bar a little high for myself at 5 a.m. I should have just rolled out of bed and gone in because I'm sure that's what I'll resort to in the coming days.
Really, I think I was just excited to try out my new bangles and bling (thanks for picking them out Jen). It was our 6th anniversary yesterday. Dave is so sweet and such a great husband, but not so good at picking out gifts (travel pillow, crayons, syrup... yes syrup, etc.), so I told him to call Jen to help him out a little. He gave me some fabulous earrings, a cool bracelet and a sexy blouse. I love it! It screamed, "DAVE DIDN'T PICK ME OUT; JEN DID!!!" but he still gets points for enlisting her help. Love ya babe!!!
So driving dave's car home I was thoroughly enjoying the base in my voice this lovely and early morning, "scootch on over here and I will nibble your ear boo boo do boo do do do BAUM!" (jason maraz) and thinking about how unmanly it is for guys to not know how to drive a stick (dave's car is a stick). Sorry if that offends anyone, but really, if you're a dude and you don't know how to drive a stick, ya gotta learn (specifically thinking about a very unmanly former boyfriend). I'd be happy to give lessons.
Anyway, as I turned onto our street I saw our bishop pull out of the neighborhood. At least I assumed it was him, sorry Mindi if it was you. Anyway, it got me thinking about what a great man he is and how hard he works for his family and our ward family. We are so blessed to have him and his family who are willing to sacrifice so much for us. We are truly blessed to have them in our lives! This morning turned out to be sweetawesomeness!
Random Updates:
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Bangles, Bling and Stick Shifts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It sounds like you were up way too early this morning. Happy anniversary and thanks for the kind words. We are lucky to have friends like you.
I swear that Dave picked those out himself. He just needed a kick in the butt and for someone to say "Yeah, she will love those." I think guys get scared when they have to pick out presents for women because they don't know if we will like them or not. Dave is coming around and he is an awesome guy. Did he tell you that the people at the store thought we were married? This lady told us to go ahead of her in line because we had a little one. EERRRRRR Dave's said "no, this is my wife's best friend. She is helping me pick something out for her." The lady said "Oh, that's so sweet." I am glad you enjoyed your anniversary and I look forward to future trips to the mall with you so I can know what you like! Let me--help you!
Lets see the new stuff no pictures?? I come down that way a lot lets plan to go to dinner or something.
I didn't know you started working? Ill have to give you a call later, but I have to get dinner going now. Miss you tons. I go to the cardiologist again tomorrow so say a prayer for us:)
Love ya,Linz
Post a Comment