Friday, September 26, 2008

Playing Dress Up & Down

So Jake has been way into his Halloween costume lately. He wears it everyday. He won't listen to me unless I call him Curious George. He'll say things like, "I think the monkey wants an orange..."


Girls are way fun! I made this tutu for Gracie for dress ups and she loves it! (not really). It's probably scratchy. She doesn't like the grass either so that didn't help. My mom was making fun of me because I was having so much fun dressing her up but Gracie acted like I was torturing her. She's going to be a bald eagle for Halloween (which I made for Jake and was quite the undertaking i.e. like 20 hours of work and a lot of money). This was just for fun. I'm sure she'll appreciate it more when she's older.



Gracie is crawling all over the place. She climbs stairs (and falls down them sometimes) and pulls herself up on everything. She laughs every time she stands up. I think she's way proud of herself. Cute thing!

Jake has also been way into getting himself dressed. This day he came out and announced that he was ready to go wearing nothing but a cowboy hat and flip-flops. I handed him a bowl and snapped a picture. He is seriously the funniest kid! He makes me laugh everyday; just like his dad. Ignore the pile of clothes on the floor. Messy kid!


By the way, I am totally insane and am refinishing my kitchen cabinets. Whoa, big project!!! I told myself it would take a good three weeks minimum, but I didn't take into account my carpel tunnel syndrome in my wrist acting up. I'll post pics when it's closer to getting done. Hopefully it looks pretty! Hopefully my wrist recovers quickly so I can get working again.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

That Jake just cracks me up. I feel for Gracie with all the torment you will put her through to make her a girlie girl. I hope she turns out a tomboy.

Turpin Times said...

LOVE the picture of Jake. He really is funny. I'm picturing in my mind when I looked out the window on Tuesday and here he comes riding his bike in his monkey suit with a banana in the pocket. He's great! I'm anxious to see your kitchen.

Jenn said...

Those pics are so cute, I love the one with the hat and the bowl. I would love to meet you for lunch one day. They have a new better park at the outlets where the boys can play, it would be fun!

Devlin Days said...

check out our blog.
http://theslowblogger.blogspot.com/
Love, Jen

Devlin Days said...

They are so cute. Did Dave show Jake his cowboy outfit? Kids pick up on the craziest stuff.

Ryan is way more creative than me and after about an hour last night he came up with this sweet name. Sorry to make you all change it. Our new blog name is sweetawesomeness.com

Jen