Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th!

You know those days when you get all ready and try real hard to look good and someone says, "Wow! Are you sick or something? You look terrible!" Nice. Especially when it's your husband who you were trying to impress in the first place says it. Needless to say, I gave up and ate a bunch of mini chocolate donuts to make me feel better. Only it didn't work and now I feel worse than I did before.


On a lighter note, we had a way fun weekend. On the 4th we went to the Clearfield parade. Gracie didn't really care for it and cried whenever the firetrucks blared their sirens. Jake loved it, especially the pirates. Then we went to breakfast. We then set up Jake's little swimming pool and he swam for a while. Dave made a tasty dinner while Jake and I went on a walk/bike ride. He's still learning so it took us a long time to make it back home.

Jake with a pirate (Jen Cella's hubby Ryan)


Check out the nails

On our way home we ran into our neighbors and friends, the Turpins. They have these way cute twin boys that Jake loves to play with. If you ever hear him talk about Blake and Grant (which he does all the time) that's who they are. Anyway, we ended up in the Tai Pan parking lot with the Turpins to watch the fireworks. It was so nice! We just pulled out our camping chairs and watched the show. Afterwards we got right out of there. No crowds and not really any traffic to compete with. We're totally going there again next year. It shaped up to be the perfect day.




4 comments:

Tricia said...

Looks like you had a fun 4th of July.

Turpin Times said...

That is too funny about what Dave said and your reaction! Sounds familiar. Thanks for inviting us on Friday, we had a great time!

Kaitlin said...

i love gracie's long fingers and pretty painted nails :)

Ryan and Shalee said...

It looks like you all had fun. But there were no pics of you. What's up with that. I'm glad that when I finally looked again I got to see something new. Darling kids.