This week I was very busy making homemade pizza, scrubbing my grout with a toothbrush (I know... Beverly would be so proud), enjoying Gracie's new funny face she pulls and countless other chores and blessings.
This year we were blessed to be able to spend Thanksgiving with both sides of our family. It was way fun! We had tasty food and a fun game with the Dickson's. The only downer was when we were playing, "I have never..." and Gudgy said, "I have never taken zit medication!" There was an audible, "Ohhhh" (whining and pouting) from those of us who had to move chairs. It was still funny even though some of our egos were a little bruised.
Then we went to my side and had the best turkey ever!!! I've never been a fan of turkey but my master chef brother made it mighty tasty! I couldn't get enough.
That night I was crazy enough to head to Park City with my sis-in-law Richelle and her friend Carla (who is hilarious). I swear I've never laughed so hard in my life. We got a little slap happy around 3 a.m. and I actually I strained my voice laughing. I can't even remember what was so funny but all three of us were like little girls giggling at a slumber party. I found some great deals up there and it was so fun I am totally going again next year.
Then I headed down to the doorbuster sales in Layton. Lame sauce! I didn't really get anything because I was unwilling to risk my life or beat someone up over some cheaply priced item. I had fun with Jen though and I ran into Diddle, which was fun.
This week we also watched "Meet the Robinson's" as a family. I love that movie! There's tons of great lessons to learn from it. "Keep moving forward" has become our new family motto. On that note, another great movie is "The Ultimate Gift". It is great! I'm boycotting any TV or movies that aren't uplifting so if anyone knows of any great movies with good messages the whole family can watch let me know.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment